Wild King Alfred's Way Adventure - Self-guided Bikepacking Experience
Please note: Bookings could be affected by Covid restrictions which we are closely monitoring. If required - changes are free-of-charge and full refunds provided in the case of cancellations.
- Starts on a Thursday morning 8:30- 9:00. Ends Sunday.
- Challenging 4 day on/off-road 240 mile circular ride through Alfred the Great's Anglo-Saxon's kingdom of Wessex.
- Day 1 is 59 miles (2,975ft climbing).
- Day 2 is 56 miles (3,050ft climbing).
- Day 3 is 61 miles (2,375ft climbing)
- Day 4 is 63 miles (4,200ft climbing)
- Meet and brief at Winchester Station, handover excess luggage.
- Accomodation in luxury bell tents & camp beds*.
- 3 x Nights in campsites with facilities (showers, loos, washing).
- All necessary camping equipment, cooking utensils, firepit and firewood.* complete with our stylsh awning, campfire & outdoor vibes.
- 3 x Evening meals and 3 x breakfasts.
- Snacks & fruit for the journey.
- GPX files provided in advance.
- Battery packs for recharging phones, GPS, cameras.
- Daily luggage, kit transfers between campsites.
- Optional gravel/adventure bike hire (or ride your own MTB or gravel/adventure bike).
- Price is per person.
- Total per person: £395.
- Deposit payable when making a booking: £95 per person.
- Balance payable 3 weeks from date of departure.
- 10% discount for groups of 5 when booking together (pls contact us for voucher).
- Subject to a min. of 4 people per tour (you can make a group booking to make up 4 or join an open group).
* 1, 2, 3 or 4 person bell tents available - depending on numbers in any given booking.
Due to current circumstances, you will need to provide your own sleeping bag which will be transferred between campsites along with your other gear that you arent carrying with you on your bike.
We require a security deposit for equipment. You’ll receive a PayPal request for £50 (£500 if hiring a bike) as a security deposit to cover any losses or damage to equipment during your hire period.
This will be refunded in full following completion should no claims be made. For full details please see booking terms and conditions.
By booking I am confirming that I have read and understood the booking terms and conditions. I have read and acknowledge the disclaimer and have declared all matters which may affect my participation in my chosen activity.
If you are booking on behalf of a group we'll need individual members to read, accept and acknowledge terms and conditions (we'll facilitate by email).
Total per person: £395. Deposit payable now: £95. Balance payable -3 weeks.
We are offering free date changes during COVID 19 restrictions. If severe weather is forecast on your booked dates we will do our best to find alternatives for you. If all else fails and you want to cancel we’ll give you a full refund.